Sept. 27, 2019, 3:30 p.m.
Rebel For Life
We are facing an unprecedented global ecological crisis. The government is not working to protect us. Extinction Rebellion is an international mobilization for non-violent disobedience against governments’ criminal inaction on climate change.
- That the government tell the truth about the climate and wider ecological emergency, reverse inconsistent policies and work alongside the media to communicate with citizens.
- That the government enact legally binding policy measures to reduce carbon emissions to net zero by 2025 and to reduce consumption levels.
- A just transition that prioritizes the most vulnerable people and indigenous sovereignty, and establishes remediation led by and for communities suffering environmental injustice.
- A national Citizen’s Assembly to oversee the changes, as part of creating a democracy fit for purpose.
- Art Build for Special Projects on Sept. 15, 2019
- Climapalooza at Herter Park on Sept. 14, 2019
- XR NVDA training on Sept. 14, 2019
- XR Singing Party on Sept. 12, 2019
- Art Build with Climate Strike on Sept. 12, 2019
- New Member Orientation Meeting on Sept. 11, 2019
- New Member Orientation on Sept. 10, 2019
- Heading for Extinction (and What to Do about It) on Sept. 10, 2019
- XR Sharing Circle on Sept. 9, 2019
- International Solidarity Rebel Ride
for action on the climate emergency on Sept. 8, 2019