Massachusetts Declaration of Climate Emergency
Rebel For Life
We are facing an unprecedented global ecological crisis. The government is not working to protect us. Extinction Rebellion is an international mobilization for non-violent disobedience against governments’ criminal inaction on climate change.
- That the government tell the truth about the climate and wider ecological emergency, reverse inconsistent policies and work alongside the media to communicate with citizens.
- That the government enact legally binding policy measures to reduce carbon emissions to net zero by 2025 and to reduce consumption levels.
- A just transition that prioritizes the most vulnerable people and indigenous sovereignty, and establishes remediation led by and for communities suffering environmental injustice.
- A national Citizen’s Assembly to oversee the changes, as part of creating a democracy fit for purpose.
- Tell the Truth! Ring the Alarm on Climate Emergency on April 17, 2019
- April 19th Climate Strike on April 19, 2019
- Heading for Extinction and What to Do About It on April 19, 2019
- XR Talk at Petersham Earth Day on April 28, 2019
- New Member Induction Meeting on April 28, 2019
- Heading for extinction talk and how to give it on May 8, 2019
- Youth Climate Strike on May 24, 2019