Self Care for Climate Activists & Coping with Eco-Anxiety
Self Care for Activists
"Self-care is not indulgent, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” - Audre Lorde, American writer, feminist, and civil rights activist
- We have to talk about self-care and activism
- Why Self-Care Is Crucial to Tackle Our Climate Crisis
- Self Care in the Age of Eco-Anxiety
- A Self Care Guide To Helping The Planet
- Join Awakening For Earth or other groups that offer safe spaces for activists to regenerate together.
Coping with Eco-Anxiety
Eco-anxiety refers to persistent worries about the future of Earth and the life it shelters. Related terms — “climate change distress,” “eco-trauma,” “eco-angst,” and “ecological grief,” to name a few — acknowledge that this concern often involves symptoms beyond those of anxiety alone.
Take action on the climate and ecological crises from the comfort of your home!
A compilation of books, movies, articles, and ways to take action to protect Black lives
Nadia Colburn, PhD and member of Extinction Rebellion Media team, discusses how to talk about the climate and ecological crisis with family and friends.
Thu Aug 5th @ 7 p.m.
Fri Aug 6th @ 6:30 p.m.
Sun Aug 8th @ 11:30 a.m.