[Solidarity] Earth Day Boston 2021
*This is not an XR hosted event. You won't receive a reminder from us about the event. Please sign up here: https://www.earthdayboston.org/events/earth-day-boston/
Join us here for Earth Day Boston’s free virtual musical event as we come together to be part of the solution to the climate crisis. Thursday, April 22, 2021, 7 to 8:30 PM. The Boston Symphony Orchestra, Nicolas Emden Musica, Reggae artist JahRiffe, Jake Swamp and the Pine, singer Wanda Houston, Women of the World, and international Flamenco artist Tamar Ilana will perform. Speakers will include the Rev. Mariama White-Hammond, Rev. Vernon Walker, East Boston MA Rep. Adrian C. Madaro, Chinatown/South Boston Rep. Ed Flynn, and the Native American Indian Center of Boston. We need to both heal from this pandemic and address the disproportionate burden that climate change has on BIPOC and low-income communities, including adverse health outcomes, increased risks from severe weather, and other negative impacts. We need to transform our systems to
- adopt just and equitable strategies to mitigate and adapt to climate change threats in all vulnerable communities.
- increase and protect green, livable spaces.
- promote affordable, accessible and green transportation systems by eliminating dependence on fossil fuels.
- mitigate climate change’s risks to food systems and decrease the adverse environmental impacts of food production and distribution.
- cultivate climate literacy so people understand the threat and are empowered to take action.
Earth Day Boston will lift up our voices to state unequivocally that business as usual must end, the climate crisis must be addressed. 2021 must be the year that the climate emergency is faced.