Decolonizing Ourselves Co-Learning
Please join us from 10am to 12pm for an International Support Team event about how we can learn to decolonize ourselves. Given the vivid reminders about how pervasive racism still is in the US, this is important work for us all to do.
There are a couple prompts in preparation for the meeting, though they are not strict about this "homework":
- Think of/research three impacts of colonialism in your local context
- What are some of the barriers and/or privileges do you personally hold?
- What are the links to imposed colonial and patriarchal structures, systems or cultures?
Here are a couple tips for a successful BBB meeting:
- Browser Choice: Safari is known to have video issues with BBB, so it is recommended you use Firefox, Chrome, or Chromium.
- Bandwidth: Try to reduce the amount of bandwidth you use by:
- Avoid Cell Networks: If you are connecting with a phone or tablet, make sure to switch to Wifi, because 3G connections are known to have issues. If on a laptop or desktop, try to be physically connected to the network with a network cable, but Wifi should work, too.
- Video Quality: Make sure that when you turn your camera on, switch to Low Quality, or simply don't turn your camera on.